Dear R gurus,

I have been struggling with this for a while and thought you might be able to
give me some guidance.

I have a data frame, on which I apply a row function.  The result looks to me
like a vector that retains the old row names.  I then sort the vector and
subsequently need to be able to identify the rank of certain values by
searching for their row names.  See this mock example:

> dframe <- data.frame("Col1"=c(10,20,30), "Col2"=c(2,4,6), "Col3"=c(5,10,7),
> row.names=c("R1","R2","R3"))
> row_median<-apply(dframe,1,median)
> row_median.sorted <- sort(row_median, decreasing=TRUE)

> row_median.sorted
R2 R3 R1
10  7  5

I now want to know the rank of, say R3 in this vector.  I know I can use
match() to find this using the vector values, however I need to use the header
names (eg. "R3") rather than the value (7).

Many thanks for your help,
Pall