Great! That's exactly what I was looking for.
(I see, I still have to learn a lot...)

Thank you!

Antje

Dimitris Rizopoulos schrieb:
try this:

t1 <- c(1, 2, 3)
t2 <- c(3.4, 5.5, 1.1)
tl <- list(t1, t2)

do.call("paste", c(tl, sep = "\t"))

I hope it helps.

Best,
Dimitris

Antje wrote:
Hello,

I guess the solution is rather simple but whatever I tried, I don't manage to get the result as I want to have it:

I have several vectors of equal length in a list and I'd like to combine all first elements to a single string, all second elements to a single string, ..., all n-th elements to a single string.

# Example code (how it should look like):
t1 <- c(1,2,3)
t2 <- c(3.4,5.5,1.1)
paste(t1,t2, sep="\t")

# and now how the data is available
tl <- list(t1,t2)
??? what do I have to do to get the same output ???

Can anybody help me?

Antje