Philip Twumasi-Ankrah wrote:
To select another reference level from the default that R chooses you can use the
"relevel" function

example;

Reorder Levels of Factorwarpbreaks$tension <- relevel(warpbreaks$tension,
ref="M")
summary(lm(breaks ~ wool + tension, data=warpbreaks))

function findlink(pkg, fn) {
var Y, link;
Y = location.href.lastIndexOf("\\") + 1;
link = location.href.substring(0, Y);
link = link + "../../" + pkg + "/chtml/" + pkg + ".chm::/" + fn;
location.href = link;
}

This sets "M" as the reference level for the analysis. At the prompt on the R
workspace, type

?relevel A Smile costs Nothing But Rewards Everything

Happiness is not perfected until it is shared
-Jane Porter

These calculations are automatic using the Design package, e.g.

dd <- datadist(d); options(datadist='d')
f <- lrm(y ~ pol(age,2)*sex+rcs(weight,4), data=d)
summary(f, sex='m') # makes 'm' the reference cell if you don't like the default; gives odds ratios

For the sex OR age is set to the median (default; easily changed; doesn't matter if interaction term omitted).

Bunny in your original post it would be less confusing if you did not call levels of an independent variable the outcomes. Many people refer to the dependent variable as the outcome variable.

Frank