This seems to work well. After playing with it for a while, however, I can't
seem to find a way to fix the number of binary digits to say, 17. Am I just
missing something, or am I getting lost in the type conversion?

The help page for intToBits said parameter n, and I tried that to no avail.

--
Jason Thibodeau