it did help to create the separate vectors. The problem is, I would like
to continue working with each vector on its own and make some further
analysis.

For that i need to allocate each vector in the filePatterns a unique name,
which I just can't do.

I'm not so great in R loops and the help over the net regards for loops in
R is quite rare.

I'm really thankful for every help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards

Assa Yeroslaviz

"Richard Pugh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09.10.2008 14:06

An
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Kopie

Thema
FW: [R] R loops

Hi Assa,

I happened to have some code on my screen that does exactly what you
want:

myDir <- "D:\\Temp"
allFiles <- list.files(myDir)
somePatterns <- c("xls", "csv", "sas7bdat")
filePatterns <- lapply(somePatterns, function(pat, files)
files[grep(pat, files)], files=allFiles)
cat(paste("\n", somePatterns, ": ", sapply(filePatterns, paste,
collapse=", "), sep=""))

Hope this helps,
Rich.

mangosolutions