On 10/14/2008 3:04 PM, Liaw, Andy wrote:
Dear All,

I recently got a laptop upgrade, and had to re-install the tools I used
for building R packages on Windows (XP SP2).  I'm running into a strange
problem that I can't resolve.  Can anyone shed on light?  This is with
R-2.7.2 patched 2008-09-20 r46576, Rtools.zip downloaded a couple of
weeks ago

I haven't updated Rtools.zip in a long time. You should use the Rtools installer nowadays. (Where did you get Rtools.zip from? Do we still have documents pointing there?) It may be that Rools.zip contains some obsolete tools.

Duncan Murdoch

, and MikTeX 2.7.  The output below was from a cygwin shell
(PATH modified apropriately), but it's identical to what I get under
Windows command prompt.  I've also tried adding the -l flag to install
in another directory that I'm sure is writable, but same problem.

$ R CMD INSTALL -c randomForest
installing to 'c:\R\library'

---------- Making package randomForest ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
  installing NAMESPACE filecp: cannot create regular file
`c:/R/library/randomFo
rest/NAMESPACE': Permission denied
 and metadata
Error in file(file, "r") : cannot open the connection
Calls: <Anonymous> -> parseNamespaceFile -> parse -> file
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "r") :
  cannot open file 'c:/R/library/randomForest/NAMESPACE': Permission
denied
Execution halted
make[2]: *** [nmspace] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [pkg-randomForest] Error 2
*** Installation of randomForest failed ***

Removing 'c:/R/library/randomForest'

Best,
Andy
Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachme...{{dropped:12}}