L.S.,

I would like to add a downsized image to a pdf file and got stuck on the
code to use.

My goal is to open a pdf device, add a plot, add the downsized image, and
then close the pdf device.

Making the downsized image is easy using png(),

png(file="x.png", width = 600, height = 600, units="px", pointsize=12)

image(very large image)

dev.off()

making a pdf with a plot as well using pdf(),

pdf(file = "y.pdf", paper="letter", width=8.5, height=11)

plot(1:100)

dev.off()

However this produces two separate files and my goal is to export the
downsized image (as png) into the pdf file (behind the plot)!

Maybe anyone has some suggestions?

Regards,

Sander Botter

Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands