On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Thomas Steiner wrote:

Brian, thank you for your reply.

Why do you expect this to be vectorized when the help page clearly says
otherwise?

Sure, it's in line with the help, no problem there. I just asked if
this feature is somehow possible.
I expected it, because "pos" does take arrays and it "overrides any
adj value given" (see help). So if "pos" does, why not "adj"?

What is wrong with two or more text() calls?

it's quicker and more beautiful.
See my code at the end (last loop) of
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Sonnenstand.png

Perhaps

        mapply( text, px, py, angle2date(jp), adj=adj, MoreArgs=list(cex=0.85))

is more to your liking?

HTH,

Chuck

Thomas

NB: library(fortunes); fortune("WTFM") applies.

This one I didn't get. They help to do it without a loop?

                                            Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
E mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  UC San Diego