Jasim Al-Ajmi wrote:
Dear Tom
I am a new user of R. My problem is how to read excel data files.
How can I read a file called stock in R. What statement I should use?
Thanks for your help.

Thye simplest is to save your file as a .CSV file. This is a "plain text" file where the elements are separated with semicolons or commas. The names of the variables (columns) should be in the first row of the sheet. Look in the documentation for read.table (there are other alternatives as well).

Call read.table naming your file (or use file.choose()) setting header=T, sep="" to whatever seperates the values in your file, and na.strings = "" to whatever you identify your missing values with.

Tom
Best regards
Jasim