Saskia Sandring wrote:
Dear list!
I have encountered an odd problem with R-WinEdt.
The program is mostly running fine and I had no problems with the installation.
But several times a day I'm typing in R-WinEdt there appears a menu with
Chinese characters where the curser is and I'm not able to type normally. I
don’t know any other way to stop it except restarting R-WinEdt. After that it
works normally for a while until it happens again. I was not able to figure out
when it happens. Sometimes after error messages in R, but not always and I am
never aware of having typed a certain key combination or anything like that.

Is there anything I can change in the settings to prevent this from happening?
I'm using R 2.8.0. and WinEdt 5.5. in Windows XP. My regional options in
Windows
are set to "Sweden" and "Swedish".
With earlier versions of R and WinEdt I did not have this problem. However, this
is a different computer.

It should not be related to R (no direct link between both programs), and probably not to RWinEdt (because I have not had a second report like this).

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges

Thank you for your help!
Saskia