Hi List, well I’ve already asked this before, but I can’t figure out a
solution for the problem after trying many different ways.

So I writing again…

I’m using barplot function. I pretend to create a horizontal barplot with
two different information (side by side) for a species list. Well I can
generate the graph easily, but the problem is that the labels with the
species names are cut by device window!! I’ve tried lots of par functions
none seems to work properly.

Below are the script.

Height is a matrix of species and two column of numerical data. I used
par(las=) function to make the labels horizontal. When I do this they are
cut by the device window. If I don’t do that the label stay vertical and
make nonsense with the graph.

library(xlsReadWrite)

Spp<-read.xls('SppPrincipaisFVeFT.xls',sheet=1,rowNames=T)

Spp<-as.matrix(Spp)

barplot(t(Spp),axis.lty='solid',horiz=T,beside=T,las=1,col=c('lightgray','bl
ack'),main='Main Speceis')

legend('topright',c('Living Fauna','Dead
Fauna'),fill=c('lightgray','black'),bty='n')

Thanks for your attention

MSc.  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Rodrigo Aluizio
Centro de Estudos do Mar/UFPR
Laboratório de Micropaleontologia
Avenida Beira Mar s/n - CEP 83255-000
Pontal do Paraná - PR - BRASIL