christabel_jane prudencio wrote:

I have an external data (.txt) for
annual peak flood. The first column is the year, second column is the
observation date, and the last is the observed discharge. My task is to
calculate the mean, skewness and kurtosis of the said data. I was advised to use
read.table() to read the entire data. Please help me on how to perform the
required computation. I am obviously a new user of this statistical software.
Thank you so much for helping.

Then please read the posting guide of this list and learn that we will not solve your homeworks.

Uwe Ligges

Christabel Jane P. Rubio
M.S. Student
Water Resources Engineering
Dept. of Construction & Environmental Engineering Kongju National University (Cheonan Campus)
102th Office,The 5th Engineering Building,
275, Budae-dong, Cheonan-si, Chungnam-do, 330-717, Korea
TEL : +82-41-521-9316 FAX : +82-41-568-0287