Dear R helper,

I encountered a problem when I tried to plot the cumulative failure rate
(i.e. 1 - survival probability). I have used the following code to plot. The
scenario is that patients are randomized to different treatment arm (rev in
the code), the PCI revascularization was monitored over 5 years.

#R code
 testfit <- survfit(Surv(pcifu,pci)~rev,data=subproc)
 testfit$surv <- 1 - testfit$surv
 testfail <- plot(testfit, mark.time=FALSE,col=1:2, main='Failure Rate')
#End of R code

I arbitarily replaced testfit$surv by computing 1 minus the original
survival rate. So far so good. However, when I plot the manipulated
"testfit", there is a vertical line plotted at x=0, y=0:1. I checked
testfit$time and testfit$surv, nothing weird there. I am very confused where
the vertical line at starting point of time 0 came from. How can I get rid
of it?

Would you pleae help me with this? Thanks a lot!

Jiang