Gabor:

Actually, I meant a script GUI management of ugraph I managed to locate on the net. Disregarding that, thank you for the suggestions. igraph is definitly a non-trivial affair, with a lot of options and corresponding flexibility. I made some changes to what you wrote:

A <- matrix(sample(c(-1, 0, 0, 0, 1), 25, replace=T), 5)
g <- graph.adjacency(A, mode="directed", weighted=T, diag=F)
E(g)$lty <- ifelse(E(g)$weight > 0, 1, 2)
tkplot (g, layout=layout.kamada.kawai)

This gives me something that is very close to what I want, apart from a suspicion that if the relations between two vertices is non-symmetric, only one of the is shown. Is it possible to have a pair of, say slightly curved arrows as edges between them in that case?

Tom

Gábor Csárdi wrote:
Tom, you mean 'tkplot' in the igraph package? Look at ?igraph.plotting
on how to set up plotting parameters, e.g. if you want different line
types for the positive/negative relations, then you can make use of
the 'lty' parameter:

A <- matrix(sample(c(-1,0,1), 100, replace=TRUE), 10)
g <- graph.adjacency(A, mode="upper", weighted=TRUE, diag=FALSE)
E(g)$lty <- ifelse(E(g)$weight > 0, 1, 2)
tkplot(g, layout=layout.kamada.kawai)

Gabor

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Tom Backer Johnsen