Thanks Deepayan,

The following code solves the problem until 'ylab.right' will be implemented.

Robbie

library(lattice)
library(grid)

g1<-textGrob("axis title at right", x = unit(0.5, "npc"), y = unit(0.5, "npc"),
        just = "centre", hjust = NULL, vjust = NULL, rot = 270,
        check.overlap = FALSE, default.units = "npc",
        name = NULL, gp = gpar(col="gray"), vp = NULL)

xyplot(rnorm(10) ~ rnorm(10),
     legend =
     list(right = list(fun = g1)))

Deepayan Sarkar schreef:
Dear R-users,

 After adding the secondary y-axis at the right side of a lattice xyplot (cfr.
Lattice:  Multivariate Data Visualization with R - figures 8.4 and 8.6, from
http://lmdvr.r-forge.r-project.org/figures/figures.html), I'm trying to add a
title to that second y-axis (which has to be different from the title on the
left side).

 Where should I place the "ylab<-" instruction?

The only reliable way right now is to add a legend on the right side.
I have plans to implement support for arguments 'ylab.right' and
'xlab.top', but this has not happened yet.

-Deepayan