Hi again List,

Well this time I’m writing for a friend (really J). He needs to create a
distance matrix based on an abundance matrix using the 1-Pearson’s R index.
Well I told him to look at the proxy package, but there is only Pearson
Index. He needs it to perform a clustering. Well, as soon as he told me
there proxy only had the Pearson index I thought: “He could just do
something like

>NewObject<-1-PearsonMatrixObject”

But I didn’t tell him that because I’m not sure it’s the same thing, and it
probably will generate a strange cluster with the braches ends distant from
the base…

He told me that Statistica 7.0 has this Index, but he doesn’t own it. So… Is
there a way on R to do this correctly?

Thanks for the attention.

MSc.  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Rodrigo Aluizio
Centro de Estudos do Mar/UFPR
Laboratório de Micropaleontologia
Avenida Beira Mar s/n - CEP 83255-000
Pontal do Paraná - PR - BRASIL