Dear All,
I am trying to build a program which will take repeated samples without
replacement from a population of values. The interesting catch is that I
would like the sample values to be removed from the population, after each
sample is taken.

For example:

pop<-c(1,5,14,7,9,12,18,19,65,54)

sample(pop, 2) = lets say, (5,54)
## This is where I would like values (5, 54) to be removed from the
population vector, giving a new "current" population vector:

"new" pop = [1,14,7,9,12,18,19,65]
and has length 8 instead of 10.

In the cases when the size of pop and deriven sample of it is enough large
using the following command is not helpful.
newpop<-pop[-c(2,10)]

One could simplify my question in this way: how we can exclude a sub vector
values from a super  vector value (i.e sub vecor values are subset of super
vector values).
Thanks in advance.
Hamid