List,

I am using the 'tisPlot' function in Jeff Hallman's excellent tis package
and was hoping that someone could spare me from having to dig into the
code of his 'tisPlot' function.  So far as I can tell, the preferred
method of controlling the plotting of the x-axis is using the 'xTickFreq'
and 'xTickSkip' options.  Unfortunately, the where the data ends up on the
resultant plot is not invariant to this choice, as indicated in the
documentation of the 'xTickFreq' option.  Has anyone adjusted the
frequency of their x-axis label using this package before?  I imagine that
there must be a better way of doing what I am trying to accomplish, but if
not, does anyone have a suggestion on how to work around this without
digging into the function itself?

## an example

library(tis)

strt <- ti(20000101, "monthly")
dat  <- tis(runif(9*12 - 1), start=strt) # ends in 11/2008

par(mfrow=c(2,1))
tisPlot(dat, xTickFreq="monthly", xTickSkip=6) # graph ends in 11/2008,
but looks to start some time in late 1999
tisPlot(dat, xTickFreq="monthly", xTickSkip=12) # graph looks to end
around 3/2009

## end

TIA,

Kyle