Dear List,

I am writing a function in R with the facility to store models for later
use in scoring.
It would be very useful if I could include in the name of the file
stored the name of
the model object being stored, this name being chosen by the user in the
function
call. A simple function to store the name of an object as a character
string would fit the
bill, but I have not found one. name() doesn't appear to do what I want,
maybe I'm using
it wrongly.  Any suggestions please ? I'm running 2.8.0 on windows XP,

Thanks,

Philip

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this
email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by
an authorised signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings
with other companies within the Detica Group plc group of companies.

Detica Limited is registered in England under No: 1337451.

Registered offices: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.