Hi,

We are trying to classify atmospheric patterns using PCA and kmeans. In T-mode, the (non-normalized) loadings of the PCs are used as input variables for the k-means classification.

As first step we perform PCA using "princomp" but the computed loadings produced by princomp are normalized. In order to apply T-mode classification, we need the "non-normalized" loadings as they represent the correlation between old and new "axis".

How do we get the "non-normalized" loadings for the Principal Components?

Thanks for your help,

Víctor.

Víctor Homar Santaner
Grup de Meteorologia

Edif. Mateu Orfila                      Tel: +34 971 17 1376
Universitat de les Illes Balears        Fax: +34 971 17 3426
07122 Palma de Mallorca (SPAIN)         Email: victor.ho...@uib.es

             Knowledge is contagious. Infect truth.