Dear Michael,

You haven't told us what your data is, and we can only surmise -- not very
helpful for you and annoying for those who try to help.

Apologies, I am brand new to R and this mailing list. Will try to be more
concise.

Here is my data a NEW verion of my data:

  Curvature Diameter   Quality
1      2.95     6.63    Passed
2      2.53     7.79    Passed
3      3.57     5.65    Passed
4      3.16     5.47    Passed
5      2.58     4.46 NotPassed
6      2.16     6.22 NotPassed
7      3.27     3.52 NotPassed

What I am trying to get from the candisc method is a 1 dimensional
scatterplot that separates my two groups Passed and NotPassed

On this data I do a "do.mod <- lm(cbind(Diameter, Curvature) ~ Quality,
data=do)"

>do.mod produces

Coefficients:
               Diameter  Curvature
(Intercept)    4.7333    2.6700
QualityPassed  1.6517    0.3825

I then run the "candisc" method: "do.can <- candisc(do.mod, data=do)"

this produces:

Canonical Discriminant Analysis for Quality:

   CanRsq Eigenvalue Difference Percent Cumulative
1 0.91354     10.566                100        100

Test of H0: The canonical correlations in the
current row and all that follow are zero

  LR test stat approx F num Df den Df   Pr(> F)
1        0.086   52.831      1      5 0.0007706 ***
---
Signif. codes:  0 '***' 0.001 '**' 0.01 '*' 0.05 '.' 0.1 ' ' 1

What "I think" I would like to plot is the discriminant function of each
sample 1-7.

Here is an example of what I am trying to do with candisc.

http://people.revoledu.com/kardi/tutorial/LDA/Numerical%20Example.html

Thanks