Hi List,

My apologies in advance if question is simplistic, I am quite new to R graphics
capabilities and I could not find anything in past threads...

I use R 2.8.1 under Mac OS X, but I would preferrably have a cross platform
answer as I use also R under Windows

I produce plots using R & save them in a file

e.g. below:

y <- rnorm(1000)
x <- rnorm(1000)
plot(x,y)
dev.copy2pdf()

Until there fine, it create a pdf file that is composed of my plot...My
"issues" are the following:
1. If I want to produce the plot & save it directly in a pdf file without
viewing it, how do I do that?
2. Can I create several plots in a row (without showing them in Quartz or
whatever other graphic device) and save them all in separate files after
creation? for example a function that would save me in separate files all what
is visible through dev.list()

Let's keep the example of saving in pdf format here...I do not have target file
type for saving the graphics. The point is that I would have another piece of
code (HTML I guess, not developed yet) fetching all the charts and presenting
it nicely.

Any feedback is appreciated

Many thanks
Julien