Hi all,

I've used R for basic programming and data management for a few years now. One
of the things that I think could be improved is the data editor.

Its a great feature and I use it alot by calling edit(data.frame); very useful
to see if what you tried to do actually worked.

However, one of the annoying things about it is that when you scroll down the
window it doesnt show you all the data (for a large data frame), just subsets
of it.

It would also be quite useful if the width of the columns could be adjusted or
didnt default to the size of the name of the column. (since the names might
often be very big if the data frame was created using a function). Side-ways
scrolling is quite "jerky" too.

Just wondered if this was on anyone else's wish list?

Simon.

Dr. Simon Pickett
Research Ecologist
Land Use Department