Hi,

This is a resend because the attachment to the previous message was removed.
Sorry.

I wrote a bash script that can either perform unattended upgrades of R as a
cron job or by hand in a terminal. It has run in several environments and
fits my purposes but I'd like to submit it to the community so it can be
enhanced and widely useful.

Any help, suggestion, code, etc. are welcome.

If this stuff is regarded as off-topic, please, email me in private.

The script is at [http://asaguiar.med.br/arquivos/checkRupgrade].

Thanx in advance.

Best regards.

Alexandre