A couple of weeks ago I asked how it is possible to run an R script (not a
function) passing some parameters.
Someone suggested the function "commandArgs()".
I read the on-line help and found no clarifying example. Therefore I do not
know how to use it appropriately.
I noticed this function returns the pathname of the R executable which is not
what I need.

I meant to ask if it is possible to open an R session and launch a script
passing parameters that the script can retrieve and use itself.
Just like in C I can run a program and call it with  some arguments

> Example_Prog A B C

The program "Example_Prog" can acess its own arguments through the data
structures "argc" an "argv".

How can I launch an R script simulating the above mechanism ?
Shall I use source ("script-name") ?
Where are the arguments to be passed, as part of the source call ?
Is the function "commandArgs" to be places as one of the first code lines of
the script in order to access its own arguments ?
Is there any "commandArgs" usage example ?

Thank you very much in advance.
Maura

tutti i telefonini TIM!