On 19/02/2009 1:00 PM, Ravi Varadhan wrote:
Hi,
Where can I find the source code for nlm()? I dowloaded the R2.8.1.tar.gz
file and looked at all the .c and .f files, but couldn't find either nlm.c
or nlm.f
There is an nlm.r file, but that is not useful.

I don't see why you say it's not useful, because it's the starting point to find the code.

See

Ligges, U. (2006): R Help Desk: Accessing the Sources. R News 6 (4), 43-45. http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/

for the next steps. (To save you some time: look in src/main/optimize.c. But Uwe's article would have got you there pretty quickly).

Duncan Murdoch