When I run this code i get the following error messages

Error in mapgetg(database, gon, as.polygon, xlim, ylim) :
  NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 6)
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In min(x, na.rm = na.rm) :
  no non-missing arguments to min; returning Inf
2: In max(x, na.rm = na.rm) :
  no non-missing arguments to max; returning -Inf