On Fri, 6 Mar 2009, Rainer M Krug wrote:

Hi

I am using R scripts which are running remotely. To make debugging
easier, I would like to have the possibility to execute traceback()
automatically when an error occurs. Is this possible?

See options 'error' and 'showErrorCalls'. The latter is the default in batch use of R, and its compact traceback is found to be sufficient by many of us. If 'remotely' means interactively, consider options(error=recover).

It might help to review section 4.2 of 'Writing R Extensions'.

OS: Linux

Thanks

Rainer

Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)