Hello,
I'm using the rmeta package to perform a meta analysis using summary statistics
rather than raw data, and would like to analyze the effects in three different
subgroups of my data. Furthermore, I'd like to plot this on one forest plot,
with corresponding summary weighted averages of the effects displayed beneath
each subgroup.

I am able to generate the subgroup analyses by simply performing 3 separate
meta-analyses with the desired subset of data. However, I can't manage to plot
everything on the same forest plot.

My data and code appear as follows:
data(meta)
subgroup    study    beta    se
subgroupA    site1    -0.35    0.12
subgroupA    site2    -0.34    0.1
subgroupB    site1    -0.28    0.06
subgroupB    site2    -0.29    0.07
subgroupC    site1    0.34    0.03
subgroupC    site2    0.36    0.04

#meta-analysis
A<-meta[c(1,2),]
B<-meta[c(3,4),]
C<-meta[c(5,6),]

Ameta<-meta.summaries(A$beta,A$se,method="fixed",logscale=TRUE,names=A$study)
Bmeta<-meta.summaries(B$beta,A$se,method="fixed",logscale=TRUE,names=B$study)

Cmeta<-meta.summaries(C$beta,A$se,method="fixed",logscale=TRUE,names=C$study)

list(summary(Ameta),summary(Bmeta),summary(Cmeta))

I get my output, but I'm not able to plot the three subgroups (A,B,C) on the
same forest plot using any of the functions I see in rmeta. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve Lubitz

Cardiovascular Research Fellow, Brigham and Women's and Massachusetts General
Hospital