On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, pfc_ivan wrote:

I tried using the for (i..) to make 1000 differents sets of numbers, but then
I dont know how to get the mean value of all of them... because I dont even
think 1000 different sets of numbers were made, because when i print it it
always shows me the same values, basically I dont know how to replicate the
funcion many times.

A useful approach for this sort of simulation problem (though not the most
efficient approach for this particular example) is to write a function that
does one simulation

  one.sim<-function(mu, sigma, n){
       ## generate data
       ## compute the z-statistic
       return(zn)
       }
Then you can run simulations using replicate()
  lots.of.zs <- replicate(1000, one.sim(mu=1,sigma=2, n=10))

    -thomas

stephen sefick wrote:

homework?