simon bond wrote:
Hi

I've just upgraded my version of R. I'm used to having the help pages turn up on a simple text window, and not html. Now it seems that when I call a help page it starts up a browser, and says it can't find the manual page(probably since I didn't install html help).
I guess there is some option somewhere that turns of html help and goes back to
the simple version. What is this, and how do I permanently enable it?

I promise I did look around on the web for this  but couldn't find the answer.

See ?options on how to enable / disable help systems and ?Startup on how to do it each time on startup.

Uwe Ligges

Thanks Simon Bond