Thanks David for your response.I had done that. Problem is not with the
computations, but in the interpretation.
Assume that x ordinates are 'time' [1:3472], and y are associated parameter
values.
Now density gives me 512/1024/2048 x-ordinates, of which some (7 to be
precise) are negative. What do I make of the non-zero probability at
**negative** times?

If you see your rnorm case, you get the first few items negative. If the x
items are bounded non-negative, what would density estimates at negative
x-points mean?

I can't do a linear scaling because that will disturb the density estimates
on different days.
Regards,
pradeep