Nguyen Dinh Nguyen wrote:
Dear Prof Gray and everyone,

As our package developers discussed about incompatibility between Design and
survival packages,  I faced another problem with cmprsk- a survival dependent
packacge.
The problem is exactly similar to what happened to the Design package that when
I just started running cuminc function, R was suddenly closed.
These incidents suggest that maybe many other survival dependent packages being
involved the problem
Could you please consider the matter

My R version: 2.8.1
Window XP Service pack 3

Regards
Nguyen D Nguyen
Garvan Institute, Australia

Nguyen,

As much as this costs some effort from us, it is the risk we take when calling another package's code at other than the highest level. Other package developers are especially free to change calls to C and Fortran code, and we hook into some of survival's C code which has changed (slightly).

Frank