Patrick Burns wrote:
I think that 'Software for Data Analysis'
by John Chambers should certainly be
on the reading list.

It seems that that is true. I have a number of R books, but not that one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tom

Patrick Burns
patr...@burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696
http://www.burns-stat.com
(home of "The R Inferno" and "A Guide for the Unwilling S User")

Tom Backer Johnsen wrote:
I am planning a project where an object-oriented approach would be appropriate, and for a number of reasons I would prefer using either Python or R. My problem at the moment is to find out how to do OO programming in R. Are there any introductory texts anywhere ?

Tom