Hello R-ers,

I'm trying to do a weighted principal components analysis.  I couldn't find any
such option with princomp or prcomp.  Does anyone know of a package or way to
do this?

More specifically, the observations I'm working with are averages from
populations of varying sizes.  I thus need to weight the observations by sample
size.  Ideally I could apply these weights at the cell level (i.e., allowing
sample size to vary within observations across variables), but even applying
them just to the observations would get me most of the way there.

I'm using R v2.8.1 on Windows XP.  I've searched Help and the R site and had no
luck.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers,
Alan Cohen
Centre for Global Health Research
Toronto, Ontario