Hi there,

I hope you guys can help me with the following:

If have a file like this:

year    clone   code    height
1995    4       4-1     1
1996    4       4-1     2
1997    4       4-1     3
1995    4       4-2     1
1996    4       4-2     2
1997    4       4-2     3
1995    5       5-1     1
1996    5       5-1     2
1997    5       5-1     3
1995    5       5-2     1
1996    5       5-2     2
1997    5       5-2     3
.       .       .       .
.       .       .       .
.       .       .       .

1.      I want to analyze the growth of 52 different clones replicated
25 times over a period of 19 years. Now I'd like to plot all replicates
per clone for the given period to compare them.

2.      I did this first to subset all replicates per clone:

dat<-vector('list',52)
for (i in 1:52){
dat[[i]]<-subset(x,clone==i)
}

3.      Now I can plot all replicates per clone quite nicely using this
command (for example clone 24):

xyplot(ht~year, data=dat[[24]], groups=code,type="o",ylim=c(0,20),
xlab="Year",ylab="Absolute Height [m]",auto.key=list(space = "right",
points = FALSE, lines = TRUE))

My question is now whether there is a way to arrange these 52 plots in 6
plots per page? The argument par(mfrow=c(2,3)) isn't working here. Or
does someone even has a better suggestion?

THANKS A LOT!

Stefan