hello,  I am trying to merge a large number of datasets into one using
"merge.rec".

> merge.rec(db, by.x = "X", by.y = "Y")

where "db" is my list of datasets.  My problem is trying to create a code to
create the list "db" for all the files without missing data:  Currently my
code looks like:

if(any(is.na(X))){print(paste("there is an NA in dbn",i, sep=""))} else {
> db<-append(db,paste("dbn",i, sep=""))     }

this creates the list of names, but it creates the list of names in the form
of

> c("dbn5", "dbn6",....)

where to make the merge.rec function work I need it to be of the form

> dbn5,dbn6,....

without the quotation marks.

any easier way of doing this?
Thanks