Dear all

I'm realy new to R, so I hope you can help me, as I didn't find any solution in
the common books.

Since some days I'm trying to create the following plot: A scatterplott
showning two different groups side-by-side with according regression lines.
Both datasets only have the same five factors, so the scatters will form a kind
of column at each factor. When I use "scatterplot" (package "car"), then I can
plot two groups in the same graph by using the command "groups", but the
scatters of both groups are then plotted on top of eachother using different
symbols and they can hardly be distingushed. How can I plot them side by side,
so that the groups do not overlap? And how can I give different colours to the
groups and the according regression line?(This is, what I got so far:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/227/almostgood.jpg)

I tried to use the commands used in "boxplot", to solve this problem. In this
commant, it's possible to plot different datasets side-by-side by defining the
position of the bars (example: at = 1:5 - 0.4). A second boxplot-chart can then
be added by adding the command "add=TRUE" to the line and defining another
position. Both commands don't function within the scatterplot-command.

By the way: It's realy necessary to plott the data as scatters and not as
boxplots. With the command "plot", I can not plot the data by groups (I tried
it with the commands "subset" and "groups", but obviously, there is no way to
do so).

I'm greatful for every (simple) solution
Thanks in advance

Karin Schneeberger
MSc-student
University of Berne