Then post the material that would make sense for Windows.

What _does_ memory.limits() return? This _was_ asked and you did not
answer.
How many other objects do you have in your workspace?
How big are they?

Jim Holtman offered this function that displays memory occupation by
object and total:

my.ls <-  function (pos = 1, sorted = F)
  {
  .result <- sapply(ls(pos = pos, all.names = TRUE), function(..x)
object.size(eval(as.symbol(..x))))
  if (sorted) {
  .result <- rev(sort(.result))
  }
  .ls <- as.data.frame(rbind(as.matrix(.result), `**Total` =
sum(.result)))
  names(.ls) <- "Size"
  .ls$Size <- formatC(.ls$Size, big.mark = ",", digits = 0,
  format = "f")
  .ls$Mode <- c(unlist(lapply(rownames(.ls)[-nrow(.ls)],
function(x) mode(eval(as.symbol(x))))),
  "-------")
  .ls
  }

On Apr 26, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Neotropical bat risk assessments wrote:

> Thanks for the comments,
>
> I did read the FAQ and that link you sent the first time. No help
> and very general.
>
> I did set  memory.size(max = TRUE)  but still get same warning-error
> message.
>
> Bruce
>
> At 09:58 AM 4/26/2009, you wrote:
>
>> On Apr 26, 2009, at 11:20 AM, Neotropical bat risk assessments wrote:
>>

>>>   How do people deal with R and memory issues?
>>
>> They should read the R-FAQ and the Windows FAQ as you say you have.
>>
>> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#There-seems-to-be-a-limit-on-the-memory-it-uses_0021

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories
West Hartford, CT