Da: David Winsemius [mailto:dwinsem...@comcast.net]
Inviato: dom 26/04/2009 6.55
A: mau...@alice.it
Cc: r-h...@stat.math.ethz.ch
Oggetto: Re: [R] constrained optimization
http://search.r-project.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%22constrained+optimization%22&max=100&result=normal&sort=score&idxname=functions&idxname=Rhelp08

And that is only the help messages from the last two years.'

On Apr 26, 2009, at 12:00 AM, <mau...@alice.it> wrote:

Is there any R package addressing problems of constrained optimization ?
I have the following "apparently" simple problem:

Given a set V with fixed cardinality:                        nv
Given a set S whose cardinality is a parameter:        nHat
Let the cardinality of the intersection S.and.V be:   nHatv

The problem consists of maximizing nHatv/nv subject to a penalty if nHat > nHatv

It is allowed and even desirable to make set S contain set V

Thank you so much

tutti i telefonini TIM!

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories