In order to use stratified sampling, either try to implement it yourself or use the "sampling" package and its function strata() as in:

s1 <- strata(cc, stratanames="ID", size=rep(1, 20), method="srswr")

then you will get 1 observation for each ID. Note that it is not important to use "with replacement" in your case, since you only sample 1 obervation for each stratum.

Uwe Ligges

Krystyna Golabek wrote:
Dear R-users

I have a dataset of 243 lines with replicate information for 20 different individuals (ID). I would like to randomly sample this dataset 100 times with a selection of unique IDs in each sample.

First to create a random sample I have;

cc<-read.table(blah.blah.blah)
names(cc)
[1] "CALL" "CONTEXT" "ORDER" "ID" "STATUS"
s1<-cc[sample(1:243,20,replace=TRUE),]

This code samples 20 rows from the dataset but can anyone help me write the
code to request unique(ID) in this sample?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Krystyna Golabek