Hi all,
         I am unable to install R package on RHEL version 5.1. While running
* ./configure* command following is printed on to the screen and no *
makefile* is created. Can anyone help me out ??? Thanks in advance.

./configure
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for pwd... /bin/pwd
checking whether builddir is srcdir... yes
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for ar... ar
checking for sed... /bin/sed
checking for less... /usr/bin/less
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking whether perl version is at least 5.8.0... yes
checking for dvips... /usr/bin/dvips
checking for tex... /usr/bin/tex
checking for latex... /usr/bin/latex
checking for makeindex... /usr/bin/makeindex
checking for pdftex... /usr/bin/pdftex
checking for pdflatex... /usr/bin/pdflatex
checking for makeinfo... /usr/bin/makeinfo
checking whether makeinfo version is at least 4.7... yes
checking for texi2dvi... no
checking for unzip... /usr/bin/unzip
checking for zip... /usr/bin/zip
checking for gzip... /usr/bin/gzip
checking for firefox... /usr/bin/firefox
using default browser ... /usr/bin/firefox
checking for acroread... no
checking for acroread4... no
checking for evince... /usr/bin/evince
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking for gfortran... no
checking for f95... no
checking for fort... no
checking for xlf95... no
checking for ifort... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf95... no
checking for lf95... no
checking for gfortran... no
checking for ftn... no
checking for g95... no
checking for f90... no
checking for xlf90... no
checking for pgf90... no
checking for pghpf... no
checking for epcf90... no
checking for g77... g77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
checking whether g77 accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl.exe... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

Regards,

Anupam