Hey guys, i have a relatively simple problem.

I need to use netwon's method to find the root of a polynomial, lets say
x^3-2x-1

i start off with

p <- function(x) x^3-2*x-1

My method, which im sure is very amateur, is to type another function, which is
the derivative of p, and after picking an initial value to start off with, i
follow the steps of newton's method manually, but i dont think that is what the
question is asking.

I've done some research on wikipedia, but i cant seem to find any code that
will help me.

Can someone help?

Thanks a lot