Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 1:39 PM
Subject: RE: [R] Simple plotting errors

Thanks for all the useful information; use of 'c(...)' did the trick, although in future I'll try to hold the data in a more user-friendly setup.

I've now got a plot, but have two issues that I can't seem to resolve:

1, The ylab is overlapping the y-axis tick mark values. I've tried using oma and mar to adjust the outer and plot margins respectively, but this doesn't seem to 'detach' the overlapping text.

2. The x-axis currently has tick mark values of 2 to 12. How do change this to single-letter month labels? So far I've tried xlim=c("J","F","M",A","M"...) and names.arg=c("J","F","M"...), but these result in errors.

Thanks again,

Steve