venkata kirankumar wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to R-project my problem is I tried to get subset from two different
tables its giving error
but if i m tring for  geting results from one table its working

actually i have to take values from two tables with applying different
conditions on two tables like

kk- is an object of one table and
fk- is an object of another table

here i have to get values  from these tables like

subset(kk & fk,kk$Rmaxtgavcg > 1.256 & fk$rmaxtgavcg <
3.25,select=c(uniqueid))

my doubt is, that if any thing like this expression is there in R-project or
i have to go for two different subsets and then adding those two one after
another with checking the common uniqueid's

Hi Kiran,
I assume that your tables are data frames and have the same first dimension. If not,

subsetvector<-kk$Rmaxygavcg > 1.256 & fk$rmaxtgavcg < 3.25

will recycle the shorter of the two logical vectors, which is almost certainly not what you want. If they have the same first dimension, you could then combine the tables and get your result:

dupnames<-which(names(fk)%in%names(kk))
subset(cbind(kk,fk[,-dupnames]),subsetvector)

Jim