Hi,

I am trying to install package xts. I am using OPENSUSE 11 64 bit. When I
invoke:

install.pacakges("xts",dependencies=T)

I received a lot of "ERROR: compilation failed for package" errors when R
tries to install xts dependencies. I do not understand this behavior.

I notice one thing. It complains.

ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Hmisc'
** Removing '/home/chibi/R/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-library/2.8/Hmisc'
* Installing *source* package 'Design' ...
** libs
WARNING: R include directory is empty -- perhaps need to install R-devel.rpm
or similar

Is it because I need R-devel.rpm? What is it? I search google around and
cannot find any explanation. Thank you.

adschai