Dear R-sians..

I am trying to plot boxplots with side-by-side option.. I tried some of the
posted suggestions and could not make it work due to unequal sizes of
categories...

e.g.
weekly measured water depth values are categorized into 5 levels based on
their values
such measurement is again categorized into dichotomous levels - based on the
result of a test

I would like generate boxplot of water depth, with side-by-side display at
dichotomous levels (0,1), for each category (1-5).

However, dichotomous levels are not always available in each
category.....e.g. category 1 may have all categorized as 0s, category 5 may
have all categorized as 1s, category 3 may have 0s and 1s, and so on...

I tried to use at=1:5+/- 0.1, add=T,xaxt="n" with complementary
(subset(dichot=0) & subset(dichot=1)) datasets  and it did not work..

I would highly appreciate your suggestions...

Thanks and regards,
Santosh