Hi,

I. Soumpasis wrote:
2009/6/29 C騷ar Freitas <cafanselm...@yahoo.com.br>
This is true. So I tried the same computer with windows XP and ubuntu 8.10
64bit dual core @3Gz and 4MB RAM
Windows 32bit results:
   user  system elapsed
  21.66    0.02   21.69
Linux 64bit Results
   user  system elapsed
 27.242   0.004  27.275

This difference is small and it is truly explained by what the advanced
users have said.

One minor comment which I forgot to mention is that a difference of 6 seconds for system that ran 30 seconds is worth noting, but may not be statistically significant. Especially when we're now talking about two completely different OS' and, thus, two different ways of timing a program. If whatever data file you are using is also on a different file system, then one could be fragmented, etc.

My point is that your test might be true (and others have given you reasons for it), but also don't worry too much about it... :-)

Ray