Hi,

I am looking for a function which can convert a single factor (a vector), or a list of multiple factors, into the indicator (dummy) matrix with 0/1 entries (or other contrasting schemes). I could cook it myself, but I am actually sure this thing already exists - but forgot the name and package. IIRC it was clearly different from model.matrix, because it had a nicer, more straightforward interface [I know how to use model.matrix. I just can't figure out the other function any more].

many thanks,
Thomas