Hi,

I am analysing gene expression data using the heatmap.2 function in R and I
was wondering what is the formula of the "raw z-score" bar which shows the
colors for each pixel.
According to that post:
https://mailman.stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-September/113598.html, it
is the

(actual value - mean of the group) / standard deviation.

But, mean of which group? Mean of the gene vector? And actual value of that
gene on a sample?  I would be grateful if you could give me some more
details about it or even if there is a book/manual that I could address
to..

Thanks a lot,

Chrysanthi.

*